Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Then

Mat 25:1  "Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.

I'm guessing most readers will know this parable.
I'm guessing most readers kind of nod assent to it but haven't really thought about it too much.

In fact, this is one of the most important statements concerning our walk in the time to come.
Firstly, it applies to that time when the Lord comes back - that is the 'then' time.
Secondly, it tells us something very important - we need to keep spiritually awake. When the Lord returns, the earth will be in a state of deep spiritual darkness. It's midnight.
Thirdly, we need light to go out to meet the Lord, the bridegroom. Things are changing very fast now, lawlessness is rampant and soon there will be outright rebellion against the Light of the gospel of Christ. Many people around you are in fact the walking dead but they are increasingly energised by the spirit that is at work in those who disobey the gospel.

We need to be able to wake up at the correct time, to see the day coming, it will not overtake us by surprise if we remain vigilant now.

When that time comes, it won't be church programs that will save you, it will be that you are walking in the Light, your own personal, true gospel light that you have acquired. You can't afford to share that with others, you will only have enough light, at that time, for yourself only (and perhaps your children if you have them - they are sanctified by your faith).

The great danger facing believers today - I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing


Rev 3:14  "And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
Rev 3:15  "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!
Rev 3:16  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17  For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
Rev 3:18  I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.
Rev 3:19  Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21  The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.
Rev 3:22  He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"



God bless

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog for the first time. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete